Accident investigation is a highly specialised and time critical task involving expertise in a wide range of disciplines – and skilled accident investigators are pivotal to the Commission's successful performance.
We advertise staff vacancies on this page and on a number of other sites relevant to the positions required.
Key competencies and capabilities for accident investigation include:
- strong problem solving skills
- an ability to anticipate and identify risks/issues and identify possible solutions
- strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- being skilled at developing logically sound arguments
- analytical with very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- project management skills
- emotional and psychological maturity to handle stressful and emotionally difficult situations
- diplomacy, tact and the ability to relate to a wide range of people.
While a relevant investigative qualification is desirable, specialist training is provided.
A typical job description for a Transport Accident Investigation Commission Investigator is available at right in the Document downloads box.
[23 October 2019] The Commission is currently recruiting ...
- Provide air accident investigation services
- Utilise your flying and safety experience
- Central Wellington location
We’re seeking someone with relevant air transport pilot experience to join this Wellington based team as an Air Investigator.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be an experienced commercial pilot (commercial pilot licence – helicopters) or airline pilot (airline transport pilot licence)
- have demonstrated experience or interest in air safety
- have experience in investigation reporting and evidence analysis
- be medically and physically fit, with a valid passport and current driver's licence.
In return, this role provides an excellent opportunity to further your investigative career and work for an organisation clearly focused on the avoidance of repeat accidents.
For further information please contact Jacaleen Williams at people&co on (04) 931 9450, quoting job number 19218.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 6 November 2019.
- visit peopleandco.nz/jobs,
- search job number 19218, and
- click APPLY NOW.
- All applications will be acknowledged electronically.