Accident investigation is a highly specialised and time critical task involving expertise in a wide range of disciplines – and skilled accident investigators are pivotal to the Commission's successful performance.
We advertise staff vacancies on this page and on a number of other sites relevant to the positions required.
In general, key competencies and capabilities for accident investigation include:
- Excellent communication skills – and be able to write to a high standard
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical capability, with very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- An innate ability to think logically, anticipate risk, and identify solutions
- Proven project management skills
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Energy and vigour, balanced with diplomacy and tact.
Given the nature of this work, you must be medically and physically fit, and be able to handle stressful and emotionally difficult circumstances.
While relevant investigative qualifications are desirable, the successful candidate will undergo extensive, world class specialised training in accident investigation. This is part of the supportive and development focused environment at TAIC. A typical job description for a Transport Accident Investigation Commission Investigator is available at right in the Document downloads box.
All positions are based in Wellington New Zealand.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz.