Utilise your leadership, investigation, communication, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrate credibility with your air transport experience
Medically & physically fit, current passport, and driver's licence essential.
The Transport Accident Investigation Commission (TAIC) investigates significant aviation, rail and marine accidents and incidents with a view to avoiding similar occurrences in the future. The commission has set a visionary goal of “No Repeat Accidents – Ever!”
Thorough investigation skills are pivotal to the Commission’s successful performance. To enhance capability and capacity to respond to accidents, TAIC is currently recruiting the Manager of Air Investigations.
The successful applicant will have relevant air transport experience, leadership and investigative skills, and professional or technical qualifications eg: air pilot; aircraft, electrical engineer or avionics specialist, etc.
As the Manager, you will effectively lead those who provide high quality and timely air transport accident investigation services.
Key competencies and experience include:
- Leadership and business skills and experience.
- Investigative and QA experience and skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify risks/issues and identify possible solutions.
- Communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Understanding of quasi-judicial processes, particularly the rules and requirements applicable to a Commission of Inquiry.
- Emotional and psychological maturity to handle stressful and emotionally difficult situations.
- Medically and physically fit, with a valid passport, and a current driver’s licence.
We look forward to hearing from those interested in progressing their career within this pivotal organisation based in central Wellington, New Zealand.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 3 October 2018 or sooner if a suitable applicant is identified.
The recruitment process is being managed for us by Michele Walls at People&Co. Click through to the job listing on their website for the job description, contact information, and to apply online. Please do not apply or contact us about this vacancy through the TAIC website.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz